One posting formula I have managed to resist is the one consisting of "things about me". ("Who I Am" was different.) Until now. PJ just did an "8-Things" post on her blog, and apparently by reading it, I have been "tagged". So here goes.
1) I like vanilla ice cream, especially if said purchase irritates the crap out of other dinner attendees (Awwwww, why'd you get VANILLA ...)(Why? Because I'm evil! Bwahahahahahaha! Screw you! Don't have any then, you whiney pain-in-the-ass! More for me! More for me! Awwww, don't pout. Here, I'll give you money to go to Baskin Robbins. But wait ...... you can only buy more vanilla ice cream with it! Bwahahahahahhaha!)
What's not to like?
2) I am a dog person (like you couldn't tell). Not that I don't like cats (Especially kittens! Only a cold, heartless bastard doesn't like kittens. Bob Dole probably hates 'em. Babies too. This suspicion swung my (key) vote to Clinton.). I've owned 'em. But when the last one (my favorite) died, I decided to stop there. Plus, there is truth to the old adage: "Care for a dog - it thinks you're a god. Care for a cat - it thinks that it's a god.".
"I'm Bob Dole. As a Republican, I don't have to like kittens or babies. In fact, they both should be outlawed."
3) I like those "Love is ..." cartoons. ('Nuff said. I promised myself that I wouldn't get emotional today.)
I wanna know what love is. I want you to show me.
4) The "Cathy" comic strip, on the other hand, bites the BIG one. In fact, during the process of "possible love interest evaluation", the "What do you think of "Cathy"?" question is always towards the top. (This is similar to the famous Groucho line: "Are you married? Do you have money? Answer the second question first.".)
One question. Is this comic supposed to be funny? (You may be wondering the same thing about my blog.)
4) My dream job is to be a writer, especially comedy, and for Mystery Science Theatre 3000 (MST3K for short) in particular. If you haven't seen any episodes, make a point to do so. I'd say more here about it, but I plan to do a future post on MST3K.
After a 10-year run, they no longer make 'em. But they ought to.
5) I despise the telephone, and given the choice, wouldn't have one. I don't carry a cell phone for this reason (even though my company would pay for it), but also because cell companies are particularly evil. The main problem is that people will actually attempt to CALL me on it. F*ckers.
But if I were to get one, it would be a version of the Motorola Razr.
6) I'm a straight guy (or else I'm in severe denial, so they tell me), but yet I LOVE a good musical...............okay, I'm back. I had to briefly prance around the room singing "Such a Pretty Me" from West Side Story. Since you're dying to know, my favorites include "The Music Man", "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", "Annie Get Your Gun", "The Phantom of the Opera", "The King and I", "Cats", "My Fair Lady", "Jesus Christ Superstar", and "West Side Story". I could go on, but that's enough gaiety for one post.
What kind of wood doesn't float?
7) I consider sex to be the most sacred form of personal amusement. With another person, the specialness of it takes on exponential proportions. This is why I am compelled to ask "that special gal" for it constantly. And to find as many "special gals" as I can.
I can't think of sex without visualizing Dr. Ruth. Nor would I want to.
8) I enjoy conversations with people who can keep their side to 50-words or less, preferably double-spaced. This is why they have you do this on your school papers! Get a clue, Einstein!
Silent Cal. Former American President. A woman who sat next to him at a dinner bet that she could get him to say more than 2-words. At the end of the evening, he turned to her and said "You lose.". What a charmer!
9) This one is a "bonus thing". Similar to number 4 above, I use the TV show "Friends" for evaluation of potential "new hires". If they HATE the show, they're in. No further explanation should be necessary.
The urge to punch anyone who introduces himself as "Chandler" may prove too overwhelming to resist. Sorry. It's a character flaw that I possess.
Now it's your turn. I want all of you do one of these. And for heaven's sake, would you at least TRY to portray yourselves as interesting people?
By Your Side...
2 hours ago